Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Top 5 Busiest Highways in Los Angeles

Los Angeles has some of the busiest freeways in the U.S. In an article I recently read titled, "The 10 Most Congested Highways In America," Southern California accounts for 7 of the 10. We waste more time, money and fuel then most regions in the U.S. Lets take a look at the top 5 busiest highways in Los Angeles:

5. I-10 East Bound (Santa Monica Freeway) 14.9 miles
Ranked 6 in the U.S. overall, the I-10 East Bound coming from Los Angeles towards Santa Monica accounts for about 640,000 hours wasted and 4.67 million gallons of gas per year. In total the cost of congestion is somewhere around $204 million.

4. I-605 South Bound (San Gabriel River Freeway) 4.8 miles
Between the I-60 and the I-5 the congestion costs a total of about $703.5 million yearly, and a waste of about 681,000 hours.

3. I-405 North Bound (San Diego Freeway) 13.1 miles
Also ranked the third busiest in America overall, the I-405 North traveling through West L.A. wastes about 965,000 hours a year. Approximately 6 million gallons of gas are wasted a year on this freeway and the total cost of congestion is about $270 million dollars.

2. I-110 North Bound (Harbor Freeway) 6.5 miles
The North Bound stretch of the 1-110 between the I-105 and the I-10 accounts for a waste of 1.13 million hours and 3.67 million gallons of gas per year. The total cost of congestion comes to about $158 million.

1. I-110 North Bound (Harbor Freeway) 3.1 miles
The I-110 north Bound between the I-5 and the I-10 takes the number one spot for the most congested freeway in America with a total cost of congestion at $95 million.

The North Bound I-110 accounts for the top two most congested freeways in the U.S. In total the amount of time wasted is around 5 million hours and we waste about 18 million gallons of gas per year. This all adds up to a total cost of congestion of $1,430 million.

These are some areas to avoid if you can to help save you time and money and cut back on the waste of fuel. If you are in the courier or trucking industry, all three of these are valuable assets.

Keep on Truckin'

-Tiffany


No comments:

Post a Comment